The small print
1. What this Policy Covers
- what a cookie is (paragraph 2);
- an overview of the cookies we use and why (paragraph 3);
- what you can do if you do not consent to the cookie use (paragraph 4);
- a detailed table listing all of the cookies that we use on this Website (paragraph 6);
- information on international transfers of data (paragraph 7); and
- contact information (paragraph 8)
2. What is a cookie?
- you may choose not to accept cookies or turn off cookies at any time (see section 4 below for more details on how to do this), but please be aware that this may affect the functionality of the Website;
- you can stop using this Website.
3. Cookies used on the Website
We use own and third party cookies in our Website. The difference between an own cookie and a third party cookie relates to the control of the party serving the cookie. Own cookies are the ones that are directly managed by Autocab. On the other hand, third party cookies are the ones stored on your device by a third party (e.g. Google or Facebook). While we allow third parties to access the site to install these cookies on users’ devices, we do not retain control over or access to the data provided by the cookies nor control the time these third party cookies will be stored in your devices. These cookies and its storage on your devices are controlled in its entirety by the relevant third party as set out in their respective privacy and cookie policies (see paragraph 6 for further de further details on third party cookies).
In particular, we use: necessary cookies which enable certain fundamental Website features; functionality cookies which allow us to remember choices you make (e.g. your cookie preference); and performance cookies which monitor usage of our Website. Some of these are session cookies which are temporary and allow us to link your actions during a single visit to our site, and which are erased when you close your browser. Others are persistent cookies which remain on your device for the period of a given period of time (see paragraph 6 for details of how long these cookies persist).
The following is a more detailed explanation of the types of cookies we use in our Website, categorised by the purpose of the cookies:
a. necessary cookies
Necessary cookies are essential for you to navigate our Website. These cookies are anonymous, and do not collect or store any personally identifying information about you. Without these cookies, we may not be able to provide the services you have asked for. These cookies also help to support website security and basic functionality and are necessary for the proper operation of our Website, so if you block these cookies we can’t guarantee your use or the security of our Website during your visit.
b. Functionality cookies
Functionality cookies are used to provide you the best user experience. They also allow the Website to remember choices made (such as language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
c. Performance cookies
Performance cookies help us to understand the behaviour of our visitors and their usage of the Website in an aggregated manner. This allows us to continuously improve the Website . These cookies are also used to help us understand how effective our advertising is; for instance these cookies tell us which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information these cookies collect is aggregated, to assist us to improve how a website works. Some of these cookies may managed by third parties (such as Google and Facebook). As previously mentioned, we have no control over the dissemination or time storage of third party cookies and you should check the relevant third party’s website for more information.
4. Control your cookie settings
The following links will assist you in managing your cookies settings, or you can use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details:
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cookies/en
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Adobe (flash cookies): http://www.adobe.com/security/flashplayer/articles/lso/
5. Other Information
The following link contains further general information about cookies: http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
6. Cookie Use
Below is a full list of the cookies used on our Website