This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and users’ choices regarding this information
When a user makes use of Autocab’s products and services, they trust us with their information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping users understand our privacy practices.
This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and users’ choices regarding this information. We recommend that users read this along with our Privacy Overview, which highlights key points about our privacy practices (including what information we collect, when we collect it, and how we use it).
Last Modified: May 25, 2018
Effective Date: May 25, 2018
Data Collection & Uses
This policy applies to users of Autocab’s services anywhere in the world, including users of Autocab’s apps, websites, phone systems, features or other services.
This policy describes how Autocab and its affiliates collect and use personal information to provide our services. This policy applies to all users of our apps, websites, features or other services anywhere in the world. This policy specifically applies to:
• Passengers: users who request or receive transportation from an Autocab customer
• Drivers: users who provide transportation for an Autocab customer
This policy also applies to those who provide information to Autocab in connection with an application to use our services, or whose information Autocab otherwise receives in connection with its services (such as a passenger of an Autocab customer booking a journey). All those subject to this policy are referred to as “users” for purposes of this policy.
The practices described in this policy are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we only engage in the practices described in this policy in a particular country or region if permitted under the laws of those places.
GPC Computer Software t/a Autocab provides services to users throughout the world. The data controller is:
GPC Computer Software Ltd
Cheadle Royal Business Park
Oakfield Road, Cheadle
Greater Manchester, SK8 3GX
We process personal information inside and outside of the European Union.
Questions, comments and complaints about Autocab’s data practices can be submitted to Autocab’s data protection office here.
The Information We Collect
• Information that passengers provide to Autocab, such as when they make a booking
• Information created when passengers use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
• Information from other sources, such as Autocab partners and third parties that use Autocab APIs.
The following information is collected by or on behalf of Autocab:
1. Information users provide
This may include:
• User profile: We collect information when passengers book with our customers. This may include passenger name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification numbers, birth date, photo and signature. This also includes vehicle or insurance information of drivers. This also includes the preferences and settings passengers enable for their Passenger App account.
• Demographic data: We may collect demographic information about passengers, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic information about passengers from third parties.
• User content: We may collect information that passengers submit when passengers provide ratings for drivers, or otherwise contact Autocab.
2. Information created when passengers use our services
This may include:
• Location Information
Depending on the Autocab services that passengers use, their app settings or device permissions, we may collect their precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
• Drivers: Autocab collects location information when the Autocab Driver Companion app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of their device.
• Passengers: Autocab may collect location information when the Autocab Passenger App is running in the foreground. In certain regions, Autocab may also collect this information when the Autocab Passenger App is running in the background of their device if this collection is enabled through their app settings or device permissions.
• Passengers may use the Autocab Passenger App without enabling Autocab to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on their Autocab Passenger App. For example, if they do not enable Autocab to collect their location information, they will have to manually enter their pickup address. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver during their trip, even if they have not enabled Autocab to collect their location information.
• Transaction Information
We collect transaction details related to Passengers’ use of our services, including the type of services they requested or provided, their order details, pick-up and destination addresses, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance travelled, route taken and payment method.
• Usage information
We collect information about how passengers and drivers interact with our services. This includes information such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or service they were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies, please see our Cookie Statement.
• Device Information
We may collect information about the devices passengers and drivers use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
• Communications data
We enable users to communicate with each other and Autocab through the Autocab apps, websites, and other services. For example, we enable drivers and passengers to call each other (without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, Autocab receives some information regarding the calls, including the date and time of the call, and the content of the communications. Autocab may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services and for analytics.
3. Information from other sources
These may include:
• User feedback, such as ratings.
• Users providing their information in connection with referral programs.
• Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
• Autocab business partners through which users create or access their Autocab account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites who use Autocab’s APIs or whose API Autocab uses.
• Publicly available sources.
• Marketing service providers.
Autocab may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How We Use Users’ Information
Autocab collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery and other products and services. We also use the information we collect:
• To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
• For customer support
• For research and development
• To enable communications to or between users
• To provide promotions or contests
• In connection with legal proceedings
Autocab does not sell or share users’ personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
Autocab uses the information it collects for purposes including:
1. Providing services and features
Autocab uses the information we collect to provide, personalise, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
• Create and update a user’s account.
• Verify a user’s identity.
• Process or facilitate payments for those services.
• To track the progress of a passenger journey.
• Enable features that allow users to share information with other users, such as when a passenger submits a rating about a driver, split fares, or their ETA.
• Enable features to personalise a passenger’s account, such as access to previous destinations.
• Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends.
2. Customer support
Autocab uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to callers and with callers’ consent) to assist callers when they contact our customer support services, including to:
• Direct user’s questions to the appropriate customer support person
• Investigate and address user concerns
• Monitor and improve our customer support responses
3. Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
4. Communications among users
Autocab uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a driver may text or call a rider to confirm a pickup location, or a passenger may call a driver with information about their location.
5. Communications from Autocab
Autocab will only communicate with users about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events if we have received the user’s express permission. Users may opt-in at any time to receive marketing communications.
6. Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to users of Autocab’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
Cookies & Third-Party Technologies
• Authenticating users
• Remembering user preferences and settings
• Determining the popularity of content
• Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
• Analysing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviours and interests of people who interact with our services
Information Sharing & Disclosure
Some of Autocab’s products, services and features require that we share information with other users on request. We may also share user information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
Autocab may share the information we collect:
1. With other users
• For example, when a passenger uses our service, we may share their first name, pickup and/or drop off locations with drivers. If users share an Autocab SHARE trip with another passenger, that passenger may be told their name and may see their pickup and/or drop off location.
• When a driver uses our services, we may share information with their passengers including name and photo; vehicle make, model, colour, license plate, and vehicle photo; location; average rating provided by passengers; and the ability to contact the driver via text/call (although both the driver’s and passenger’s actual phone number will not be shared). The passenger will also receive a receipt containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, the driver’s first name, photo, and a map of the route they took.
2. With Autocab service providers and business partners
Autocab may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
• Payment processors and facilitators.
• Cloud storage providers.
• Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
• Data analytics providers.
• Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Autocab or on Autocab’s behalf.
• Vendors that assist Autocab to enhance the safety and security of its apps.
• Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
• Fleet partners.
• Insurance and financing partners.
• Vehicle solution vendors or third party vehicle suppliers.
3. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Autocab may share a user’s information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This includes sharing their information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, airports (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect Autocab’s rights or property or the rights, safety or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to their use of our services. If they use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including their journey information.
This also includes sharing user information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
4. With user consent
Autocab may share user information other than as described in this policy if we notify users and they consent to the sharing.
Information Retention & Deletion
Autocab retains user profile and other information for as long as users maintain their Autocab account.
Autocab retains transaction, location, usage and other information for 7 years in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance or other requirements in the places in which it operates. Autocab thereafter deletes or anonymizes such information in accordance with applicable laws.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Following such request, Autocab deletes the information that it is not required to retain, and restricts access to or use of any information it is required to retain.
Autocab requires user profile information in order to provide its services, and retains such information for as long users maintain their Autocab account.
Autocab retains certain information, including transaction, location, device and usage information, for a minimum of 7 years in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance and other requirements in the places in which it operates. Once such information is no longer necessary to provide Autocab’s services, enable customer support, enhance the user experience or other operational purposes, Autocab takes steps to prevent access to or use of such information for any purpose other than compliance with these requirements or for purposes of safety, security and fraud prevention and detection.
Users may request deletion of their account at any time by writing to email@example.com.
Following such request, Autocab deletes the information that it is not required to retain.
Special Information For EU Users
Beginning May 25, 2018, the processing of personal data of users in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
This section summarises Autocab’s grounds for processing personal information under the GDPR, and the rights of EU users as relates to Autocab’s handling of personal information.
Beginning May 25, 2018, the processing of personal data of users in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This section provides information as relates to EU users’ rights, and Autocab’s responsibilities, under this regulation.
1. EU User Rights
Autocab users in the EU have the following rights with respect to Autocab’s handling of their personal information. To exercise these rights, please see below or submit a request here.
Users outside the EU may also request explanation, correction, deletion or copies of their personal data here.
a. Explanation and copies of user data
• Users have the right to request an explanation of the information that Autocab has about them and how Autocab uses that information.
• Users also have the right to receive a copy of the information that Autocab collects about them if collected on the basis of consent or because Autocab requires the information to provide the services that users request.
• If Autocab has information about users believe is inaccurate, users have the right to request correction of that information. Please see the section titled “Explanation, Copies and Correction” below for more information on correcting, or requesting correction of, user information.
• Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Users may request deletion by writing to us here. We may retain certain information about users as required by law and for legitimate business purposes permitted by law.
• Please see the “Information Retention & Deletion” section above for more information regarding Autocab’s retention and deletion practices.
d. Objections and complaints
• Users in the EU have the right to object to Autocab’s processing of personal data, including for marketing purposes based on profiling and/or automated decision making.
• Users in the EU also have the right to file a complaint relating to Autocab’s handling of their personal information with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Their contact information is as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office
(+44) (0)303 123 1113
• Users may also submit questions, comments or complaints to Autocab’s Data Protection Officer.
2. Grounds for Processing
The GDPR requires that companies processing the personal data of EU users do so on the basis of specific legal grounds. As described below, Autocab processes the information of EU users based on one or more of the grounds specified under the GDPR:
The processing is necessary to provide the services and features users request
• Autocab must collect and use certain information in order to provide its services. This includes:
• User profile information that is necessary to establish and maintain a user’s account, including to verify their identity; enable communications with them about their trips, orders and accounts; and to enable passengers to make payments and drivers to receive payments.
• Driver location information, which is necessary to match drivers with passengers, to guide the driver to the passenger’s pick-up location and to track trips while in-progress and suggest navigation.
• Transaction information, which is necessary to generate and maintain in connection with users’ use of Autocab’s services.
• Usage information, which is necessary to maintain, optimise and enhance Autocab’s services, including to determine, sometimes in combination with other information, estimated time of arrival, best route and fares.
• Collection and use of this information is a requirement for using Autocab’s apps.
The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of our users or of others
• Autocab may process personal information, including disclosing data with law enforcement authorities in case of threats to the safety of users or of others.
The processing is necessary for Autocab’s legitimate interests
• Autocab collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for its legitimate interests. This includes collecting and using information:
• To provide customer support.
• To optimise our service and develop new services. This includes, for example, identifying the best pick-up / drop locations, recommending (new) features, improving navigation and matching passengers and drivers.
• For research and analytical purposes. This includes, for example, analysing usage trends to improve the user experience and enhance the safety and security of our services.
• For direct marketing purposes. This includes, for example, analysing data to identify trends and tailor marketing messages to our customers’ needs.
• To enforce Autocab’s Terms of Service.
The processing is necessary to fulfil Autocab’s legal obligations
• Autocab is subject to legal requirements in the jurisdictions in which it operates that require us to collect, process, disclose and retain user personal data. For example, Autocab is subject to laws and regulations in many cities and countries that require it to collect and retain information about passenger trips, to retain such information for extended periods of time, and to provide copies of such information to governmental or other authorities. Autocab uses user information to comply with such laws to the extent they apply to their use of the Autocab apps.
• Autocab may also share information with law enforcement, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes.
• Autocab may collect and use user information on the basis of user consent. Users may revoke their consent at any time. If a user revokes consent, they will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of the information we collected or used on the basis of consent.
• Autocab relies on consent in connection with data collections or uses that are necessary to enhance the user experience, to enable optional services or features, or to communicate with users. For EU-based users, the following types of data collections or uses are done on the basis of user consent.
— Location Information (Passengers)
— Location Information (Drivers)
— Notifications: Account and Trip Updates
— Please see the Choice & Transparency section below for further information about these data collections and uses.
Choice & Transparency
Autocab provides means for users to request to see, or request to delete the information that Autocab collects. Users may also request that Autocab provide them with explanation, copies or correction of their data.
A. DEVICE PERMISSIONS
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without user consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining user consent. The iOS platform will alert users the first time the Autocab app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let users consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify users of the permissions that the Autocab app seeks before users first use the app, and a user’s use of the app constitutes their consent.
B. EXPLANATIONS, COPIES AND CORRECTION
Users may request that Autocab:
• Provide them with a detailed explanation regarding the information Autocab has collected about them and how it uses that information.
• Receive a copy of the information Autocab has collected about them.
• Request correction of any inaccurate information that Autocab has about them.
Users can make these requests by contacting Autocab here.
Users can also edit the name, phone number and email address associated with their account through the Settings menu in Autocab’s Passenger Apps. Users can also look up their previous bookings through the settings menu.
Updates To This Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If users use our services after an update, users consent to the updated policy.
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify users of the changes through the Autocab apps or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, users consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage users to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.