JOIN OUR TEAM
Are you interested in joining an established taxi software provider recently acquired by Uber?
Are you ready to help build a business that is redefining an industry and launching products that help cement the place of our private hire/taxi operator customers in a global marketplace?
We are Autocab, a leading taxi & private hire booking and dispatch software provider, offering innovative solutions to help businesses go further.
We create award-winning software and work closely with our customers and employees to produce solutions that work in a rapidly changing market.
We’re a passionate bunch who challenge the ordinary and bring a creative flair to everything we do. We’re loud, proud and believe in working collaboratively to develop our expertise.
Go Further. It’s more than just our motto; it is ingrained into the way we work. It is what we strive for as a business and what we expect for our employees and customers.
Autocab is a fast-paced, high-profile B2B/SaaS technology operation with a global footprint. Responding to that pace is a critical function of the Marketing Department. The ability to communicate with precision, in the right medium and at the right time, is crucial to our growth and long term success.
Autocab couldn’t have a more progressive culture and work environment and they are looking for a dynamic Office Assistant to set the tone in their brand-new office, opening end of June! You will not only run this new office and it will be your responsibility to get the new space up and running. As our Office Assistant you’ll have passion, be willing to hit the ground running and not be afraid of decision making. Once the office move is complete it is just as important that you can comfortably do the day-to-day role of an Office Manager. This is a brand-new role so you won’t get a hand over, but you will be shown the ropes and expected to be a self-starter. Day to day you will be responsible for ensuring the office space has everything that is required for the team to comfortably do their jobs, maintain contracts and relationships with office suppliers and providers and help with event set up. Autocab also offer free lunches and snacks. Yes, you will be ordering a kitchen full of food for everyone to enjoy! They also host monthly socials and want to host in-office activities. You will report to our Head of Culture to support Autocab’s key business objectives to achieve the following:
- Oversee the day-to-day smooth running of the office, acting as the first point of contact.
- Help organise team-building events, including the annual Christmas party
- Liaise with external contractors or suppliers to organise repairs or servicing.
- Act as the receptionist for our main telephone line
- Ad-Hoc tasks to support the business
- Maintain office efficiency by maintaining appearance of common areas, organising procedures, handling correspondence, managing filing systems, and overseeing supplies and equipment
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the office as the main point of contact in the reception area, keeping management informed of performance with routine and requested reporting
- Provide direct administrative supports as needed, including scheduling appointments, meetings, and events, booking travel, maintaining filing system, mailing, and shipping packages, and updating contact database and employee list
- Oversee and maintain office equipment for uninterrupted function, identify and fulfil office supply needs, maintain, and manage vendors, and coordinate food delivery as needed
- Manage all aspects of the office’s space/infrastructure planning (moves, adds, and changes to workstations) and provide answers, resources, and solutions as requested
We have five core values which we live and breathe by. These go way beyond a list; they’re baked into the fabric of our interactions and are used to drive growth across our business.
- You will need to be customer centric. Which includes; putting customers first, valuing their opinions and listening to their feedback.
- You will need to adopt a collaborative approach to working. Have strong team working and listening skills to help yourself, your team and Autocab grow.
- A flexible approach to your work. Have an adaptable mind set, are a proactive problem solver and think outside the box.
- A passionate and personable nature. Be creative and confident in your work. Comfortable with building rapport with customers and the team.
- An honest style of communication. Being transparent and clear in everything you do.
- Impeccable organisational skills
- Strong pc skills in a range of systems, including MS Office functions.
- High personal motivation and an ability to embrace and achieve goals
- An ability to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Time management and organisation skill
Core Working Hours
- 37.5 hours per week
- Between 8am - 6pm, Monday – Friday
- Competitive Salary
- Further qualifications, courses and training if required
- The opportunity to work with an award-winning software house
- Company pension scheme
- Life Assurance - 24/7 life cover, 2x your basic salary
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) per annum
- Bonusly reward and recognition platform
- Monthly Uber Eats vouchers and team lunch vouchers
- Office social area, which includes pool, foosball, and table tennis tables.
- 24/7 confidential Employee assistance programme
- Regular social events
- Hybrid working model – 4 days in office
If you are looking for a new challenge and keen to make a difference - come and join the Autocab family.
Pioneering the tech revolution
At Autocab we are proud to have established a culture of excellence that resonates with everyone that works here. Pioneering innovation is at the heart of Autocab and has been throughout our 30-year history. Our mission to transform the transportation industry would not be possible without a talented workforce. We are always searching for the best talent with the mindset to delight customers. We want to work with the best, learn from the best and develop the best.
Social meets innovation
We laugh hard together, brainstorm harder and work even harder together. At Autocab you will be working with some of the best talent in the UK, from creatives and developers to customer care and sales. We believe in flexibility, autonomy and the freedom to efficiently do your job and enjoy your life. Policies are in place to ensure employees feel part of the family and supported at work and at home.