JOIN OUR TEAM
IT Operations Technician
Are you interested in joining an established taxi software provider recently acquired by Uber?
Are you ready to help build a business that is redefining an industry and launching products that help cement the place of our private hire/taxi operator customers in a global marketplace?
We are Autocab, a leading taxi & private hire booking and dispatch software provider, offering innovative solutions to help businesses go further.
We do this by creating award-winning software and working with our customers and employees to produce solutions that work.
We’re a passionate bunch who challenge the ordinary and bring a creative flair to everything we do. We’re loud, proud and believe in working collaboratively to develop our expertise.
Go Further. It’s more than just our motto; it is ingrained into the way we work. It is what we strive for as a business and what we expect for our employees and customers.
Autocab requires an IT Operations Technician who can help to shape the future direction of the company as well as provide support and knowledge to Junior members of staff. Autocab is quickly growing into a Cloud IT based company and there is now a requirement for someone who can create and manage solutions within Microsoft Azure as well as helping to migrate and manage our remaining on-prem estate. As well as this, the ideal candidate will have experience in managing Firewalls, Domain Controllers and Fileservers as well as good demonstrable knowledge of Networking protocols. There will also be a need to provide IT Support for the onsite/remote staff. A flexible working approach is key and extra hours may be very occasionally needed.
- Management and creation of on-prem and Azure Windows Servers including upgrades and migration of on prem servers to Azure
- Management of Intune – Software loading/Windows Updates
- Working with the security team to establish a secure yet user friendly environment across our Tenant/Domain.
- Microsoft 365/Exchange 365/Mailbox/User Support
- Production of Documentation for all Projects carried out
- IT Support duties via Zendesk/Teams
We have five core values which we live and breathe by. These go way beyond a list; they’re baked into the fabric of our interactions and are used to drive growth across our business.
- You will need to be customer centric - putting customers first, valuing their opinions and listening to their feedback.
- You will need to adopt a collaborative approach to working - have strong team working and listening skills to help yourself, your team and Autocab grow
- A flexible approach to your work - have an adaptable mind set, are a proactive problem solver and think outside the box.
- A passionate and personable nature - be creative and confident in your work, and comfortable with building rapport with customers and the team.
- An honest style of communication - being transparent and clear in everything you do.
We’d love to hear from you if you meet the qualifications below:
- Be Educated to degree level – ideally a Computing or Cloud based discipline. We will consider another relevant degree if you fit! Evidence of a good standard of English and numerical competence.
Demonstrable understanding and working knowledge of:
- On-Prem Windows Servers & Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Intune/Endpoint Manager
- Azure and on-prem Active Directory (hybrid)
- DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, GPO, SMB
- SSL Certificates
- Working knowledge of Networking, the OSI Model, subnetting and NAT
- Configuring new devices for new starters
- Strategic thinker and able to think analytically at a detailed level.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyse a problem through to resolution
- Experience of Windows Autopilot would be advantageous
Core Working Hours
- 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
- Occasional work outside of regular hours may be needed
- Competitive Salary
- Further qualifications, courses and training if required
- The opportunity to work with an award-winning software house
- Company pension scheme
- Life Assurance - 24/7 life cover, 2x your basic salary
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) per annum
- Bonusly reward and recognition platform
- Monthly Uber Eats vouchers and team lunch vouchers
- Opportunities to progress within the business or within the wider group
- Office social area, which includes pool, foosball, and table tennis tables.
- 24/7 confidential employee assistance programme
- Regular social events
- Hybrid working model
If you are looking for a new challenge and keen to make a difference - come and join the Autocab family.
Pioneering the tech revolution
At Autocab we are proud to have established a culture of excellence that resonates with everyone that works here. Pioneering innovation is at the heart of Autocab and has been throughout our 30-year history. Our mission to transform the transportation industry would not be possible without a talented workforce. We are always searching for the best talent with the mindset to delight customers. We want to work with the best, learn from the best and develop the best.
Social Meets Innovation
We laugh hard together, brainstorm harder and work even harder together. At Autocab you will be working with some of the best talent in the UK, from creatives and developers to customer care and sales. We believe in flexibility, autonomy and the freedom to efficiently do your job and enjoy your life. Policies are in place to ensure employees feel part of the family and supported at work and at home.