JOIN OUR TEAM
IT Operations Engineer
We require an IT Operations Engineer who can help to shape the future direction of the company as well as provide support and knowledge to Junior members of staff. Autocab is quickly growing into a Cloud IT based company and there is now a requirement for someone who specialises in creating and managing solutions within Microsoft Azure as well as migrating from on-prem legacy solutions. As well as this, the ideal candidate will have expertise in managing a hybrid environment to include the onsite Firewall and Fileservers as well as good demonstrable knowledge of Networking protocols. There will be a need to cover general IT Support duties for the onsite/remote staff when needed. A flexible working approach is key and extra hours may be very occasionally needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities include but are not exclusive to:
- Management of on-prem and Azure Servers including upgrades and migration of on prem servers to Azure
- Establishing a modern remote working environment with Azure Virtual Desktop
- Management of Intune – Software/Updates
- Working with the security team to establish a secure yet user friendly environment across our Tenant/Domain.
- Microsoft 365/Exchange 365/Mailbox/User Support
- Production of Documentation for all Projects carried out
- Occasional IT Support duties via Zendesk/Teams
- Deputise for the IT Operations Manager when needed
About You – Skills we are looking for
- Be educated to degree level – ideally a computing or cloud-based discipline. We will consider another relevant degree if you fit! Evidence of a good standard of English and numerical competence
- Proactive work ethic and well-motivated – the migration to Azure and management of this is key to the roll and the ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running on a variety of projects
- Detailed and demonstrable working knowledge of:
- Microsoft Azure
- Azure and on-prem Active Directory (hybrid)
- DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, GPO, SMB
- SSL Certificates
- Proficient in PowerShell
- Working knowledge of Networking, the OSI Model, subnetting and NAT. Managed Switching and VLANS in a Cisco environment would be advantageous
- Configuring new devices for new starters
- Strategic thinker and able to think analytically at a detailed level
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyse a problem through to resolution
- Experience of Windows Autopilot would be advantageous
- Competitive Salary
- Further qualifications, courses and training if required
- The opportunity to work with an award-winning software house
- Company pension
- Office social area, which includes pool, foosball and table tennis tables
- Bonusly reward recognition platform
- Monthly Uber Eats vouchers plus team lunch vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Regular team building activities
At Autocab we are proud to have established a culture of excellence that resonates with everyone that works here. Pioneering innovation is at the heart of Autocab and has been throughout our 30-year history.
Our mission to transform the transportation industry would not be possible without a talented workforce.
We are always searching for the best talent with the mindset to delight customers. We want to work with the best, learn from the best and develop the best.
Social Meets Innovation
We laugh hard together, brainstorm harder and work even harder together.
At Autocab you will be working with some of the best talent in the UK, from creatives and developers to customer care and sales.
We believe in flexibility, autonomy and the freedom to efficiently do your job and enjoy your life. Policies are in place to ensure employees feel part of the family and supported at work and at home.