Head of Product Management
Head of Product Management
Are you looking to join the product leadership team of an established British taxi software provider recently acquired by Uber? Are you looking to help shape the future of taxi-enabled mobility? Are you ready to help build a business that is redefining an industry and launching products that help cement the place of our private hire/taxi operator customers in a global marketplace?
Do you love leading teams, obsessing over customer experience and data, and building businesses that scale? If so, this position is for you…
The Head of Product Management at Autocab will be responsible for helping implement Autocab’s product strategy and plans to be the global market leader in taxi booking, dispatch and marketplace. This leader will partner with and lead teams, obsess over customer experience and data, and build our business to scale.
Autocab Benefits and Perks
Confidential, 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
Life Asssurance- 24/7 life cover 2x your basic salary
Free coffee, tea, biscuits and fruit
Monthly team building events
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Company pension scheme
Cycle to work scheme
Social area including pool, foosball and table tennis tables
Job Description and Application Form
- Manage the product roadmap. You will be responsible for major areas of the Autocab platform and you will guide the evolution and development of key features.
- Own the details. Working in partnership with Autocab’s C-Suite and key stakeholders, you will be responsible for “owning the details” and ensuring that new products & features are shipped fast, timely, and fit for purpose.
- Help manage and grow the product team across mobile and web-based apps, with a focus on user experience. You will help build out the team, develop leaders and coach product management best practices.
- Work with Autocab’s C-Suite to set the vision: you will build the product vision and create a roadmap that employs technology, great UI, analytics, and product marketing to unlock growth and support Autocab’s position as the leader in booking, dispatch & marketplace.
- Obsess over customers: you will work closely with our R&D team, drive market research, user research, data analysis and user testing that informs product requirements to build the leading platform for taxi operators across the globe.
- Think big: Internally, this role will inspire the organisation to think bigger and innovate. You will provide thought-leadership and collaborate with colleagues to develop Autocab’s platform as best in class.
- 6+ years of progressive consumer/marketplace/b2b product management experience working closely with engineering teams
- Comfort and experience with managing remote distributed teams on various time zones
- You are highly organized. Nothing slips through the cracks. Super attention to details.
- You go high and go low, with ease. No task is too big or too small for you to take on, with ease and with pleasure.
- 6+ years managing and leading teams of product managers and technical documentation writers. You have led a product team for a business that has achieved significant scale over a short period of time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting to large groups and executive teams.
- Strong customer obsession: you enjoy obsessing over getting the customer experience right
- You earn trust with your direct team and stakeholders: you listen, you are inclusive, you treat others with respect, and you are willing to be vocally self-critical
- Hire and develop the best: you value coaching your team and developing leaders. You have a demonstrated track record of hiring strong talent and moving them through the organisation
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Data driven – you lean on data to make decisions and when you don’t have data, you search for customer anecdotes to gain insights
- You are a builder– you like to invent on behalf of customers. You are comfortable working with ambiguity.
This position will require 2-3 days at our Manchester offices, once it is safe to do so.