IT Systems Administrator
Autocab Benefits and Perks
Save money on your childcare through our salary sacrifice childcare vouchers scheme
25 days holiday
All employees receive 25 days holiday as standard plus bank holidays
Company pension scheme
A contributory pension scheme for all employees which comes into effect after your first three months with the organisation
Cycle to work scheme
Save money on a new bike and spread the cost by taking advantage of the cycle to work scheme
A large kitchen fully-equipped with stove, microwave & fridges along with a large seating area for staff use
A ‘fully stocked’ gym including weights and machines open early morning until late at night
Job Description and Application Form
|Position||IT Systems Administrator|
|Reports to||IT Systems Manager|
|Direct Reports to this Role||n\a|
Reason for the job
To provide internal IT Support function that ensures secure and stable provision of all IT services that exceed SLA obligations, support the continuous operational running of IT Infrastructure and provide exceptional levels of service to internal staff.
To work with the IT Systems Manager to set strategies for IT support that align with the strategic needs of Autocab. Deliver continual improvement in the quality of the IT services that are provided and continually review the IT costs and drive long term reductions.
To ensure that all IT services comply with current legislation, standards, contractual obligations and best practice. To ensure that a fit for purpose, flexible and cost effective infrastructure solution is delivered and maintained for Autocab.
Your key deliverables:
- To ensure the effective operation of a high performing IT Support function
- To provide and receive quality feedback to/from peers and team members to aid personal development.
- Work to agreed SLA’s, such that availability of IT services to internal users is maximised.
- Responsible for the transition of changes into operational IT services to ensure the least disruption to end users and business as usual.
- Oversee the management of information around IT assets to certify governance requirements are met.
- Ensure IT infrastructure is available to support cost effective and timely development activities to enable business benefits to be realised.
- To ensure delivery to (and exceeding of) agreed service level agreements for performance and availability of all Autocab IT services.
- Ensure the most cost effective solutions are in place for IT and their associated support, whilst ensuring there are no key dependencies on individuals and individual skill sets.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate security measures, and maintaining and reviewing IT and Information Security policies and procedures to ensure the protection of the systems under operational control, to meet appropriate requirements (e.g. DPA, ICO, GDPR etc).
- Oversee and check that the department and the business is operating on sound IT legal ground, such as ensuring that the license management framework is adhered to.
- Ensure that IT systems are deployed and configured to meet the requirements of Autocab’s business needs, and its policies and standards for confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Develop in conjunction with the IT Systems Manager, long and short term plans for the rationalisation of infrastructure and the evolution of processes and services that are easier and more cost effective to maintain.
- Contribute to the technology strategy – especially the way in which services and infrastructure can be rationalised.
- Carry out such tasks as directed to meet the needs of the business.
Mentoring and Leadership
- To mentor and coach the Apprentice IT Systems Administrator (If applicable)
- Ensuring that the Apprentice IT Systems Administrator has effective 121s, interim and final appraisal reviews and that SMART objectives are set and that progress against objectives is reviewed and documented
What You Need
Your skills & knowledge
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar IT role
- Experience with iOS, Linux, Windows, and Windows Server operating systems
- Experience with the configuration and administration of various Windows Server Roles and Features. E.g. AD, DHCP, GPOs, etc.
- Experience with the configuration and administration of Office 365. E.g. Office applications, OneDrive, ECP, etc.
- Networking knowledge. E.g. Firewalls, switches, WiFi, etc.
- Experience of working with virtualisation. E.g. Hyper-V, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Previous experience with storage and back ups
- Proven problem solver with a desire to get to the bottom if the issue
- Ability to manage own workload, at times under pressure
- Significant production experience supporting business critical technology infrastructure
- Strong and highly skilled communicator, both written and oral
- A passion for Customer Service
- High levels of self-motivation, resilience, drive and initiative