Using multiple SIMs on textgateway is necessary to ensure that your customers are kept informed via text on their booking confirmation, car dispatch, car arrival and much more. However, due to the use of multiple SIM cards, customers often receive these booking updates from various numbers, which can be confusing.
Using a priority system on textgateway, our developers have now established a system which ensures customers always receive texts from the same SIM. Although this may not seem like a significant feature, multiple texts from the same SIM will ensure that your customers have a consistent contact that they can save in their phonebook under your company name.
This configuration can work in several ways:
- Phone numbers ending in a certain digit will always receive a text from the same number
- e. numbers ending in ‘1’ will always receive a message from the same SIM/number, numbers ending in ‘2’ will always receive a message from the same SIM/number and so on
- If you have SIMS with multiple networks, the system will ensure that customers on EE will always receive a text from an EE SIM, customers on O2 will always receive a text from an O2 SIM and so on
- This results in a cleaner process and ensures that no extra data is used
- If you only have one SIM network, the process will first send to numbers on the same network and then work through phone numbers ending in certain digit. For example:
- If you are only using EE SIMS, customers on EE will receive a text from an EE SIM
- If you are using an EE SIM but your customer is not, it will follow process 1, i.e. numbers ending in ‘1’ will always receive a message from the same SIM/number and so on.
Ensure your customer know you’re texting them – to set up the configuration, email firstname.lastname@example.org to raise a ticket and one of our team will be in touch to arrange this.
Please note: the above configuration will only work on hyper media gateway.