The Christmas countdown is officially on, and while it’s an exciting time for customers, it can be one of the busiest times of the year for private hire and taxi companies. With this in mind, it’s important to prepare your systems and your staff for the busy festive period. And to help you on your way, we have prepared a few tips to add a bit of sparkle to your business and encourage customers to use your service this Christmas.
Let your customers ride in Santa’s sleigh
Why not change the vehicle icon on your Passenger App to something a little more festive? Instead of your usual car icon, choose from one of many Christmas icons including candy canes, gingerbread men, Santa’s sleigh and Christmas trees.
Simply select the icon of your choice from within the vehicle specifications section of the Passenger App Settings page in Ghost and, once you’ve made your changes, press publish.
‘Tis the season to have lolly (Tariffs)
Some of our customers choose to change their tariffs over the festive period as it can be a great incentive for their drivers to work. If you would like to change your tariffs, please submit a ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and state what you would like to change your tariffs to. Please note that the cut off date for tariff changes is 5pm on 14th December, so please contact us sooner rather than later.
Deck the Wall-boards
With late night shopping trips Christmas parties and New Year celebrations, your phone lines and call centre operators could be feeling the strain.
By utilising the features in Phantom, including our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and Automatic Back On Phone (ABOP) features, you could see optimisation rates of 40%+. It’s like having an extra pair of hands, without the extra cost.
Take a look at the wallboard below, which show how one of our customers has managed to automate over half their calls with the help of our Customer Care team.
If you’re an Autocab customer, you can get a free optimisation by speaking with our Customer Care Team.
Making sure you’ve got enough drivers to meet demand can be a challenge over the festive period. While you might be more flexible with shift patterns the rest of the year, you might want to set out driver shifts for the Christmas period.
How to create a shift pattern
- Go to Shift Patterns on the Ghost Management home page. Click ‘New’ at the top of the screen to create a new shift pattern.
- Create a new shift using the grid. You can click and drag a rectangle to quickly and easily add a new shift.
- You can also specify times to start and finish a shift. Press the F4 key to add a start time, and F5 to add a finish time. If you do this, drivers will only be able to start a shift via their MDT or Driver Companion during these times.
- Click ‘OK’ to save your shift pattern.
- You can now assign shifts to specific drivers under the Drivers section in Ghost Management. Simply select a driver and choose a shift pattern under ‘Options’.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
Delight your customers and give your app a winter wonderland feel by adding snow.
Just visit the theme tab of the Passenger App Settings page in Ghost and tick the ‘show snow’ box.
From everyone at Autocab, we hope you have a very enjoyable Christmas and a Happy New Year.